Monday, October 15, 2007

Can fairy tales come true?



Can fairy tales come true?

When I was a little girl I always imagined I was Sleeping Beauty. Hahaha. I think it's obvious that even then i was lazy. Hahahaha. Anyway, I loved the idea that someone handsome, a real gentleman, basically someone perfect, would come and give me something amazing...

A kiss.

And everything would be ok. He would take care of me, be there for me every single day and every single night. I would be his queen, and we would forever be in love.

But of course, like every dream, I had to wake up too. I realized that not everything we imagine can be magically turned into life. I realized that there are school buses, not golden chariots. Dirty mean boys who tease you while playing patintero.

And as you get older, there are guys who'll promise to call, but never does. Guys who say they'll do anything for you but can't even come over to help you fix your... Well, something... You realize that life isn't perfect. And you should consider yourself lucky if your life didn't suck for two weeks.

Little girls grow up too, right?

But then even if we know that dreams hardly ever come true, still we can't help ourselves. Libre lang naman mangarap diba? But is it possible that someone will come and sweep away the bitterness of the past?

Maybe, He did it.
Somehow, He literally made my dream come true.

5 comments:

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Beautiful, magical post. Simply fantastic. I like the layout, everything. He, he, he, You really have it in you to post beautiful and meaningful articles. Welcome back to the world of reality. He, he, he. Dreaming may be good for a while but in the end we go back to the harsh realities of life. Smile always. God bless and have a nice and pleasant day.

R A R A said...

I like the picture of the girl kissing the frog. I feel like making a poem about it.

I still believe in fairytales now.

Miss Kurdapya said...

KUYA MEL

achooos... thanks so much kuya! ikaw lng naman nagmamahal at humahanga..hehehe

Miss Kurdapya said...

TO POETIC,

No problem.. you could have that picture..:) feel free to make a poem about it! :)

Chadchad said...

sa tingin ko i should believe in it kasi fairytales teaches us about believing true love